When trying to implement interfaces like WebAPI or REST over IIS it’s very common to come across some issues. One of them is the notorious “Method Not Allowed” HTTP error code 405.
I’ve been working with Oracle’s SQL Developer for years through its various versions. This tool has become better over the years and improvements can be noticed from version to version. None the less there is one bug that returns every now and then, and it doesn’t seem to be version specific. This is the super slow editing or typing in the IDE SQL code windows, this in fact, in some cases prevent and interfering with our work. How to solve this irritating issue?
Sharing links with WhatsApp has become a great way to drive visitors into your sites. A nice feature when a link is shared is a little preview of the link’s content, with a title, short description and an image of the designated page. This data comes from scraping the link for Open Graph (OG) data. One of the tags allows you to put one or more images to be shown as the link image.
Recently I build a PHP script for dynamically downloading files, and I came across the need to provide the right Mime-Type for each file I set to download. I wrote a function in PHP that gets file extension (with or without the dot prefix) and returns the correct Mime-Type.
If you are working with automatic process, interfaces or anything that works in the background (with a new process every time) you probably familiar with situations when something goes wrong (network failure, memory shortage etc) and our automatic process gets stuck.
Building a smart gas sensor for your home is an easy and fun project, which can also help to prevent serious damage. The gas plumbing in my house is rather old, and even though it is checked regularly by professionals from the gas company when they come to replace the gas tanks, I still want […]
When working with different information systems sometimes you need to convert data files from one format to another. Not all systems can generate or export data in common or standard ways. Lately, I had to convert a huge Fixed-Width file to a Tab delimited one in order to load it to my system, so I thought I’d share one quick way of doing so.